The WA Government will be delivering a $9 million relief package to support the taxi and on-demand transport industry through the COVID-19 pandemic. It includes:
- $4.7 million in regional taxi assistance payments available to around 200 former country taxi licensees
- $1.5 million to provide a cash payment of $2,500 to around 600 authorised on-demand booking services
- $2.95 million to waive renewal fees for the next 12 months:
- $1.95 million for passenger transport vehicles
- $1 million for on-demand booking services
- relieving stress for approximately 300 regional taxis and 1,000 metropolitan taxis in delaying the requirement for new or upgraded cameras from 2 July 2020, to at least 1 July 2021.
Final details of the new regional assistance package are being worked through and will be released shortly. The payments are expected to be made July 2020.
Further information can be found at the WA Government Media Statements website.